This bonfire night remember the Firework Code:
- Only adults should handle and light fireworks.
- When you are watching fireworks always stand right back.
- Never go near a firework once it has been lit. Even if it hasn’t gone off it could still explode.
- If you are given a sparkler always wear gloves. Always hold sparklers at arm’s length and only hold one at a time.
- Never give sparklers to a child under 5.
- When a sparkler goes out NEVER TOUCH IT. It could still burn you so put in a bucket of water, hot end down.
- Fireworks will scare your pets, so keep them indoors.
- You have to be 18 years old before you can buy fireworks in a shop.
- NEVER PLAY WITH FIREWORKS! They are dangerous and can hurt you.
Look at the poster below to see Ben’s advice on keeping safe this Bonfire night.