Foundation and KSI trip to Brightlingsea on Thursday 7th July 2011
On Thursday 7th July, Miss Presland’s, Miss Carter’s and Ms Purkiss’ classes are going on a trip to the seaside. Whilst we are hoping for good weather, this cannot be guaranteed and we will enjoy the day if we have suitable clothing.
• In view of this, the children can wear sensible casual clothes suitable for playing outside, on the beach and on playground equipment.
• They should have their plimsolls to wear whilst climbing.
• We will not be ‘swimming’ but children may go for a shallow paddle whilst holding their group leaders hand so a small towel should be included.
• In case of too damp and sandy clothing, please pack a simple change of clothes. For the sun please provide a hat and sun cream.
• A sweatshirt or light jacket will be needed in case it rains or turns chilly.
• All this should be packed in a small rucksack or backpack that the children can carry on their back so they have their hands free.
Please provide a packed lunch in a named plastic carrier bag, so we can dispose of it afterwards and do not have a lunchbox to worry about or as an extra for your child to carry. The packed lunch should include a drink of water or juice. No fizzy drinks, cans or glass bottles please. Those children who have an entitlement to free lunches will be provided with a packed lunch.
We will travel by coach after registration in class in the morning and return to school by the end of school time, 3.10 p.m. If your child suffers from travel sickness please give them appropriate medication based on leaving school at 9.15 a.m. Travel medication for the return journey, or any other medication, such as inhalers, should be given to your class teacher to look after. This medication should be in its original packaging, clearly marked with your child’s name, dosage and any other relevant information.
Children may like to bring their own bucket and space, marked with their name please.
The cost of the trip, which includes an ice-lolly, is £5.00.
Please return the permission slip and money by Friday 24th June. The permission slip can be downloaded to print off by clicking here.
If you can help on our visit please let your child’s teacher know as soon as possible. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries.
Ms A Purkiss Miss Carter Miss Presland