Dear Parent / Guardian,
I would like to invite you, together with other family members and friends, to our Get Your Grown-ups Growing event at Holy Trinity School on Saturday 16th October 12 – 3pm.
To help our children understand more about healthy eating, and to enjoy growing plants themselves, we want to develop our school garden to grow more fruit and vegetables. We would love to show you what the children have already achieved and would really value your help in developing the new garden area. We also hope it will be an opportunity for everyone to make new friends through a shared interest in food and plants.
We are organising a number of activities for parents and children. You are welcome to come for the whole day, or just an hour or two, and take part in:
- Building our bottle greenhouse – making a start on our exciting new project in our new area of garden.
- Bulb bonanza – planting daffodils to brighten up our entrance. We have some bulbs and trowels but more will be very welcome.
- Millennium garden – clearing weeds and pruning.
- Planting seeds – such as broad beans and winter greens.
- Garden-related games and quizzes – indoors if wet.
We will provide some light refreshments.
Please bring suitable clothing and footwear for helping in the garden, and any equipment that you think may be useful. Toilet and washing facilities will be available.
We are very keen to make a success of our school garden. We know the children are looking forward to growing their own food, and that the new fruit and vegetable area will become a valuable learning resource for the whole school.
I look forward to welcoming you to our Get Your Grown-ups Growing event. Please return the slip that went home today or send a note into school with your child to let us know if you can come.
Mr Smith & Frances Bennet