A message from Essex County Council:
I am pleased to inform you that a new School Crossing Patrol Officer will be starting work at the Church Road Crossing on Monday 25th March. I hope that you will join me in welcoming Joan to the position.
The School Crossing Patrol Officer, will operate from 08:15-09:15 and 14:45-15:45 crossing adults and children alike during these times. Just a few reminders regarding using the Patrol:
- Please ensure that children do not run on ahead, they should arrive with the Patrol accompanied by their adult and ready to cross.
- Please only cross the road once the Patrol is in the middle of the road and indicates to you that it is safe to do so.
- Always walk in front of her so she can clearly see when you have reached the opposite kerb.
- If children are riding scooters or bicycles, please ensure that they dismount to cross with the Patrol.
- Please be patient if the Patrol is waiting for other pedestrians to reach the crossing before stopping the traffic, her job is to keep traffic flowing as well as keeping pedestrians safe.
Thank you for you co-operation in these matters.
If you have any other questions or queries regarding the patrol, please do not hesitate to contact me,