Our provision for Sport at Holy Trinity is something we have worked very hard to develop in the last four years. In 2006, for the very first time, Holy Trinity was presented with the Sport England Activemark Award – a national award that recognises excellence in provision for school sport.
Although we focus on participation, we have a number of competitive sports teams who take part in local festivals and tournaments. We currently have teams in the following sports:
- Football for Boys & Girls
- Cross Country
Holy Trinity holds Healthy School Status – our school has been judged to provide an environment where children can thrive and develop a healthy approach to life.
Provision in school is judged against a series of core themes. The four core themes are set our below:
- Personal, Social, Health & Economic Education
- Healthy Eating
- Physical Activity
- Emotional Health and Well being
Aspects of our work that have made a significant contribution to our Healthy School status include:
- Peer mentoring and Play leaders
- Outstanding contribution to inclusion
- School Shop
- School Council
- Commitment to pupil voice in school
- 2 hours per week of PE and Sport
- Extensive after school activities
- Daily healthy snacks
- Counseling support
- First Aid qualifications of teaching staff
- Comprehensive programme of Sex Education
As part of our school self-evaluation we continually discuss our provisions for health, safety and well being with children. Provisions such as after school clubs, learning through technology, class newsletters and ‘curriculum weeks’ are the result of extensive consultation with our children.