As a Church of England VC Primary School the Christian Faith is the foundation of everything that we do at Holy Trinity.
Our Values of Respect, Honesty and Love are the roots from which our vision grows and in all learning and life experiences we aim to fulfil our school Vision and Values. We promote an environment where all children feel known, accepted, and valued as individuals, within a caring community.
Our teaching of Religious Education follows ‘The Essex Agreed Syllabus 2022’ with ‘Understanding Christianity’ providing some of the content for our curriculum. We want children to know about and understand Christianity as well as a range of religious and non-religious world views. Learning to see these through thinking through believing (Theology), thinking through thinking (Philosophy) and thinking through living (Human / Social Science).
We use the enquiry approach throughout our curriculum with questions that lead pupils to:
- Offer possible answers to challenging questions about the meaning of life, beliefs, nature of reality and morality.
- Have a secure understanding and knowledge of the religions studied.
- Have a sense of self, identity and belonging to flourish within the community and be responsible citizens.
- Show respect, tolerance and understanding of all religions and beliefs through religious literacy where they are able to hold informed and reflective discussions.
- Opportunities for personal reflection and spiritual development.
- Apply their own moral compass as well as accumulating an increased cultural capital.
- Have a strong understanding of our School’s Christian values of Respect, Honesty and Love in all aspects of life that are rooted in the teachings of the Bible.
Intent, Implementation and Impact